Re: Document Upper Limit for NAMEDATELEN in pgsql 9.5+

От: Tom Lane
Тема: Re: Document Upper Limit for NAMEDATELEN in pgsql 9.5+
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-docs

Kevin Day <> writes:
> Postgresql 9.5+ may now fail to compile if NAMEDATELEN has been set
> absurdly large (In my case, 384).
> The file src/backend/utils/adt/levenshtein.c does a static assert on
> "NAMEDATALEN <= MAX_LEVENSHTEIN_STRLEN" with MAX_LEVENSHTEIN_STRLEN
> currently set to 255.

Hmm.  I'm not sure whether 384 is "absurdly large", but I do wonder
why the levenshtein code gets to dictate limits on NAMEDATALEN at all.

Or to put it even more bluntly, I'm not sure that there is anything
whatever about MAX_LEVENSHTEIN_STRLEN that is well thought out.  Why not
rip it out and put some CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS tests into the loops instead?

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-docs по дате сообщения: