Re: Stripping white-space in SELECT statments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Stripping white-space in SELECT statments
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thorbjörn Eriksson <thorbjorn.eriksson@ec.se> writes:
> Thank's Tom Lane & Stephan Szabo for pointing out the problem to me.
> After some testing it turned out that the swedish locale, 'sv_SE', doesn't
> handle sorting spaces as expected, which probably made the SELECT fail. On
> the other hand, if I use the 'C' locale, the SELECT works but not the sort
> order of the swedish characters '���'.

> Does anyone know a solution to this problem, or could give me a hint?

I think you are going to have to create a custom locale definition that
sorts the accented characters as you wish, but does not have the strange
rules about whitespace.  I don't know enough about locale definitions to
give advice on how ... but I'll bet after a couple hours study you could
do it by copying just the parts you want of the existing Swedish locale
definition.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: