Re: can't startup PG-8.0.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: can't startup PG-8.0.3
Дата
Re: can't startup PG-8.0.3  (Ruslan A Dautkhanov <rusland@scn.ru>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Ruslan A Dautkhanov <rusland@scn.ru> writes:
> I have experience with PostgreSQL 7.x, and I can't figure out why this
> happen. PG didn't
> say anything meaningful, that can point me why he did not start.

That's fairly unusual --- I can't think of any places where the
postmaster will exit without printing *some* complaint.

> I have a command
>     su - pgsql -c '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -d 5 -D
> /usr/local/pgsql/data'

Shouldn't there be an & or something in there?  Seems like that will
leave the su command blocked waiting for the postmaster to exit,
which of course it should not.

> I even tries to use ktrace(1) :
>     ktrace su - pgsql -c '/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster -d 5 -D
> /usr/local/pgsql/data'

That won't tell you anything --- the trace will only trace what "su" does.
Better to su to pgsql and ktrace the postmaster directly.