Re: 8.0.0 gmake check fails if on disk, passes on ram disk....

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.0.0 gmake check fails if on disk, passes on ram disk....
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Michael Fuhr <mike@fuhr.org> writes:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 05:03:08PM -0700, Jeff Ross wrote:
>> If I put the same source code up on a ram disk, configure and compile it
>> the same way, all 96 tests pass.

> Interesting.  Is this behavior consistent?  What's different 'twixt
> the RAID disk and the RAM disk?

If the problem is at bottom a too low processes-per-user limit, as it
was for Jean-Gerard, then maybe the RAM-disk case passes because of
different timing details.  This theory is a bit of a stretch though.

In any case, we're being shown the wrong output.  What I want to know is
what appears in the postmaster log when these failures happen?