Re: PostgreSQL server embedded in NAS firmware?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL server embedded in NAS firmware?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Andrew Barnham <andrew.barnham@gmail.com> writes:
> Scratch that. An immediate show stopping pitfall occurs to me: the
> necessity to match CPU/OS Architecture between primary server and replicate
> target.  Doubtful that there are any consumer NAS products out there
> running linux on 64bit/intel

Maybe not, but there are with 32-bit Intel ... if you really want to do
this, there's nothing to stop you from running a 32-bit build on your
primary machine and then replicating to the NAS.  This would limit what
you could crank shared_buffers up to, but otherwise should work fine.