Re: Backpatch b61d161c14 (Introduce vacuum errcontext ...)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backpatch b61d161c14 (Introduce vacuum errcontext ...)
Дата
Re: Backpatch b61d161c14 (Introduce vacuum errcontext ...)  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> I am only suggesting that where you save the old location, as currently
> done with LVRelStats olderrinfo, you instead use a more specific
> type. Not that you should pass that anywhere (except for
> update_vacuum_error_info).

As things currently stand, I don't think we need another struct
type at all.  ISTM we should hard-wire the handling of indname
as I suggested above.  Then there are only two fields to be dealt
with, and we could just as well save them in simple local variables.

If there's a clear future path to needing to save/restore more
fields, then maybe another struct type would be useful ... but
right now the struct type declaration itself would take more
lines of code than it would save.