Re: Columns in pg_shadow?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Columns in pg_shadow?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Michael A. Mayo" <mmayo@mcauleybrooklyn.org> writes:
> From: "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
>> the One True Editor: I have an emacs macro that invokes glimpse in the
>> same way as grep is called by the standard "grep" macro, so that you can
>> step through all the hits with C-x `.  Let me know if you need it.)

>     The emacs macro could certianly be useful;

It's just a shameless ripoff of the standard 'grep' macro from
compile.el.  (I'm still using Emacs 19, not sure if there are any
changes needed for Emacs 20.)

;; Create 'glimpse', which is essentially just like 'grep' except that
;; we add </dev/null instead of /dev/null to the end of the command.

(require 'compile)

(defvar glimpse-command "glimpse -n "
  "Last glimpse command used in \\[glimpse]; default for next glimpse.")
(defvar glimpse-history nil)

(defun glimpse (command-args)
  "Run glimpse, with user-specified args, and collect output in a buffer.
While glimpse runs asynchronously, you can use the \\[next-error] command
to find the text that glimpse hits refer to.

This command uses a special history list for its arguments, so you can
easily repeat a glimpse command."
  (interactive
   (list (read-from-minibuffer "Run glimpse (like this): "
                   glimpse-command nil nil 'glimpse-history)))
  (let ((buf (compile-internal (concat command-args " <" grep-null-device)
                   "No more glimpse hits" "glimpse"
                   ;; We can use the same match regexp as for grep.
                   nil grep-regexp-alist)))
    (save-excursion
      (set-buffer buf)
      (set (make-local-variable 'compilation-exit-message-function)
       (lambda (status code msg)
         (if (eq status 'exit)
         (cond ((zerop code)
            '("finished\n" . "done"))
               ((= code 1)
            '("finished with no matches found\n" . "no match"))
               (t
            (cons msg code)))
           (cons msg code)))))))