Re: update and tcl/tk

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: update and tcl/tk
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> [ via libpgtcl, the given query updates no rows ]
> If I update directly
> set datestyle to 'postgres, european'; update cheque set ok='x' where num_cpte=8 and date='09-11-2000' and
nb_cheq=4919351and lib like 'gynéco' and ok='' and deb=200.00 and cred=0.0
> It's well.

I am guessing that the critical point here is the presence of a
non-ASCII character in the clause "lib like 'gynéco'".  Does the
query work from Tcl as long as you specify only regular ASCII characters
in the LIKE phrase?

Assuming that it does, I think that you might be looking at a
mistranslation of Tcl's internal UTF-8 character set into the character
set used by the Postgres backend.  We had a recent report that that
translation didn't seem to be working right with recent Tcl releases,
but I have no details nor a fix at the moment.

What Tcl version are you using, anyway?

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: vacuum analyze fails with latest cvs version
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Table corruption on drop