Re: pgsql-server/src/include/port hpux.h

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src/include/port hpux.h
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
petere@postgresql.org (Peter Eisentraut - PostgreSQL) writes:
> Modified files:
>     src/include/port: hpux.h
> Log message:
>     Workaround for broken large file support on HP-UX

Good try but it didn't help.  After looking more closely I've realized
that HP's system headers are just hopelessly broken, at least on HPUX
10.20 (which, to be fair, is well behind the curve now).  There is just
no way to compile 64-bit support without drawing warnings in
-Wmissing-declarations mode, because they've simply not included all
the declarations that should be there.  _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE was a red
herring --- I forgot to count underscores carefully, and I now see that
the declarations that _LARGEFILE64_SOURCE exposes aren't the ones that
gcc is complaining about the lack of.

What I'm currently thinking we should do is default largefile support to
off in HPUX < 11.0; is there a convenient way to accomplish that in
autoconf?