Re: [HACKERS] Failure in commit_ts tap tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Failure in commit_ts tap tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Hmm.  The test works fine for me, even if it should be obvious that the
> use of the != operator is wrong.  I don't understand why it causes a
> failure only for you.

Even more interesting, the warning appears as-expected in stripped down
test cases, eg

$ perl -e 'use warnings; use Test::More; ok("Foo" ne "bar", "ok");'
ok 1 - ok
# Tests were run but no plan was declared and done_testing() was not seen.

$ perl -e 'use warnings; use Test::More; ok("Foo" != "bar", "ok");'
Argument "bar" isn't numeric in numeric ne (!=) at -e line 1.
Argument "Foo" isn't numeric in numeric ne (!=) at -e line 1.
not ok 1 - ok
#   Failed test 'ok'
#   at -e line 1.
# Tests were run but no plan was declared and done_testing() was not seen.

I really don't understand why this complains but the same perl version
is happy with (the previous coding in) 004_restart.pl.  Perl bug?