RE: [INTERFACES] Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango

От Jon Brule
Тема RE: [INTERFACES] Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Does your database reside locally, or is it on a remote machine? By this, I
am trying to ensure that the Solaris ODBC driver will allow me to forward
queries to a secondary box that contains the actual Postgres database...

Also, does the act of compiling the ODBC driver require the full
installation of Postgres on the Solaris platform?

Jon Brule
Lead Developer - ADAS Plus Siteware
Nortel Networks / Audio Technologies
*     Phone: (716) 224-7842    Internal: ESN 432-7842
*    Fax:     (716) 654-2611    Internal: ESN 432-2611
*    brulej@nortelnetworks.com <mailto:brulej@nortelnetworks.com>
-----Original Message-----From:    Daren R. Sefcik [SMTP:daren@partnersdata.com]Sent:    Tuesday, September 28, 1999
12:32PMTo:    Brule, Jon [HUMB:9681:EXCH]; Thomas LockhartCc:    'pgsql-interfaces@postgresql.org'Subject:    Re:
[INTERFACES]Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango

> Don't know what Tango is, but the ODBC driver which ships with> Postgres is reputed to compile and run on Solaris. >
Ido have access to Solaris machines, but afaik I don't have any

apps> which would let me test the driver from there.

It does work..I use it with ColdFusion on Solaris 2.6 and 7..I have
also used it with unixodbc and StarOffice...just a confirmation that it does
work on Solaris Sparc/x86.
Daren

От: "Daren R. Sefcik"
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango
От: "Daren R. Sefcik"
Сообщение: RE: [INTERFACES] Linux Postgres and Solaris Tango