Re: pgcrypto: Remove explicit hex encoding/decoding from tests

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgcrypto: Remove explicit hex encoding/decoding from tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> pgcrypto tests use encode() and decode() calls to convert to/from hex
> encoding.  This was from before the hex format was available in bytea.
> Now we can remove the extra explicit encoding/decoding calls and rely on
> the default output format.

Generally +1, but I see you removed some instances of

--- ensure consistent test output regardless of the default bytea format
-SET bytea_output TO escape;

I think that the principle still applies that this should work regardless
of the installation's default bytea format, so I'd recommend putting

-- ensure consistent test output regardless of the default bytea format
SET bytea_output TO hex;

at the top of each file instead.