Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I thought the consensus of the discussion was that this was not
>> necessary.  It sure doesn't strike me as a good idea.

> This is only in the WIN32_DEV, where installing bison/flex is a pain.  I
> copy the needed files over manually when I update that CVS from HEAD.

That's not a pain?  You don't expect that WIN32_DEV will be broken on a
regular basis because its derived files are out of date?

Mind you, I do not actually give a darn whether WIN32_DEV is broken.
What bothers me about this is that if it's considered a good idea for
WIN32_DEV (whose only users, presumably, are developers clueful enough
to obtain the needed tools for themselves) then whenever Windows support
gets merged back to HEAD, we will be feeling pressure to do the same in
the HEAD branch.  And that is something up with which I will not put.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...
Сообщение: Re: pgsql-server/src backend/bootstrap/Tag: backen ...