Re: Custom Operator for citext LIKE predicates question

От Efrain J. Berdecia
Тема Re: Custom Operator for citext LIKE predicates question
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Good points. At least on the limited testing we did, we were able to get the same answer back with both executions; at least for the use cases we tested.

We are still doing more thourough testing.

This is an application that is been ported from MS SQL server to postgres and apparently the migration dba team determined citext was the way to go to maintain MSSQL existing usage of the data in the columns.

Thanks,
Efrain J. Berdecia

On Thursday, January 13, 2022, 10:10:38 AM EST, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

"Efrain J. Berdecia" <ejberdecia@yahoo.com> writes:
> In our setup it has actually worked per the explains provided making the query run in milliseconds instead of seconds.

To me, "work" includes "get the right answer".  I do not think you
are getting the same answers that citext would normally provide.
If you don't care about case-insensitivity, why don't you just
use plain text?