Re: Question about permissions on database.

От David Johnston
Тема Re: Question about permissions on database.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sep 22, 2012, at 16:35, Condor <condor@stz-bg.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I wanna ask: is there a short way to giver permission to one user to select/insert (all privileges) on whole database
?
> Im create a user and try to give him all permission on existing database, but when I try to select always got:
> ERROR:  permission denied for relation table_name
>
> I simple do:
> GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON DATABASE my_db TO my_user;
> and when I do that my idea and what Im trying to do is to give all privileges on for select, insert, update ... using
sequences,exec functions
> to one user, but when I try to select, I receive error message:
> ERROR:  permission denied for relation table_name
>
> I look at documentation and remained less scarred about how many grants I should do for tables, for sequences,
execution.
> Im using postgresql 9.2

Each object type needs to be handled independently.  A database is a distinct object type with its own actions to
allow/disallow(mainly connect, usage?).  You need to issue similar commands for schemas, tables, functions, etc...

Would suggest creating group (i.e., non-login) roles and grant to those then make the user (i.e., login) roles a member
ofthe appropriate group role(s).

David J.

Сообщение: Re: Question about permissions on database.
Сообщение: Re: Question about permissions on database.