Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_dump is broken for partition tablespaces
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I think we can get out of this whole class of problems by forbidding the
>> TABLESPACE clause for partitioned rels from mentioning the database
>> tablespace -- that is, users either mention some *other* tablespace, or
>> partitions follow default_tablespace like everybody else.  AFAICS with
>> that restriction this whole problem does not arise, and the patch may
>> become simpler.  I'll give it a spin.

> Why is the obvious answer is to not just remove the whole tablespace
> inheritance behaviour? It's obviously ambiguous and hard to get right.
> I still don't see any usecase that even comes close to making the
> inheritance useful enough to justify the amount of work (code, tests,
> bugfixes) and docs that are required.

Yeah, that's where I'm at as well.  Alvaro's proposal could be made
to work perhaps, but I think it would still end up with some odd
corner-case behaviors.  One example is that "TABLESPACE X" would
be allowed if the database's default tablespace is Y, but if you
try to dump and restore into a database whose default is X, it'd be
rejected (?).  The results after ALTER DATABASE ... SET TABLESPACE X
are unclear too.

Сообщение: Re: block-level incremental backup
Сообщение: Re: block-level incremental backup