Re: string_to_array eats too much memory?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: string_to_array eats too much memory?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
> string_to_array() consumes too much memory. For example, to make ~70k
> array elements, string_to_array seems to eat several Gig bytes of
> memory.

I'd argue that the problem comes from enlarging the work arrays only 64
elements at a time in accumArrayResult().  Most of the rest of the code
deals with resizing arrays using a "double it each time it has to grow"
approach, I wonder why this is different?

Сообщение: Re: string_to_array eats too much memory?
Сообщение: Re: string_to_array eats too much memory?