Re: getting libperl.so

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: getting libperl.so
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Travis Bauer <trbauer@indiana.edu> writes:
> compile plperl.so.  But I can't because appearantly  libperl.so is not
> configured properly on my machine.  I'm using Mandrake 7.0, and the only
> copy of libperl.so that I can find is in: /usr/lib/apache (thanks to the
> mod-perl rpm).

Probably your main perl installation is not using a shared libperl?

You may have to pull down the perl source distribution and
configure/compile/install it yourself.  Should be pretty painless,
really (certainly nothing to fear if you can build Postgres from
source ;-)).  Don't forget to say "yes" when the configure script asks
you if you want a shared libperl.  You can probably default all the
other answers, except maybe for the location you want the perl directory
tree placed ...

            regards, tom lane

PS: be careful not to lose any Perl modules you may have installed
that don't come with the source distribution.