Re: cleaning up in UDF's (user-defined functions)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cleaning up in UDF's (user-defined functions)
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
craig perras <craigp98072@yahoo.com> writes:
> I appended an excerpt from the docs... IIUC, if I make
> a DSQL call from a UDF (written in C), and there's a
> transaction abort caused by that command, then my
> function is never called back. How do I cleanup any
> resources the function allocated if this is the case?

What resources?  Most stuff (like palloc'd memory) is taken care of
for you.  If you're maintaining your own private permanent data
structures then you may need to plug in a transaction-end hook
routine to clean those up.

pgsql-interfaces is hardly the place for discussing how to write
C-language server functions; if you want to discuss the fine points
I'd suggest pgsql-hackers.