Re: Some notes on pgAdmin

От Chuck McDevitt
Тема Re: Some notes on pgAdmin
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

> Yeah - we generally use 4 spaces, but tabs keep creeping in. I'm
> beginning to this we should use tabs instead, and see if we can't run
> something akin to pgindent over the code to clean it up nicely.
>
> What do people prefer - tabs or spaces?

I definitely prefer spaces.  Too many tools assume tab=8 spaces.

> I don't know that any of us have tried building with 2K8 yet anyway,
> but if/when point 4 is fixed, I'll be happy to accept a patch if
> anyone can figure out a nice way to automatically pickup the correct
> runtimes regardless of VC++ version.

I started out using VC 9 (2008), and everything works fine except you need to include the merge modules from VC 9 for
theruntime (and it has to be the merge modules, including the files by themselves doesn't work right).

I went back to VC 8 to keep compatible with what others are using for PgAdmin.