Re: Fork-based version of pgbench

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Fork-based version of pgbench
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
"Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> writes:
> "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq@cs.toronto.edu> wrote
>> I've threaded it in Win32 ...

> Another thing is that if unix does fork() and windows does _beginthread(),
> then there will be some potential problem. For example, you have to be
> careful to add global variables ...

Yeah.  I don't think this is too big a problem, though.  The main thing
I had to give up in writing the fork-based version was the ability to
pass any detailed results back from the subprocesses to the parent.
As long as the code works under that constraint, it'll be fine in a
thread-based environment, AFAICS.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Should libedit be preferred to libreadline?
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Should libedit be preferred to libreadline?