Re: BUG #13840: pg_dump generates unloadable SQL when third party string type index option is used

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #13840: pg_dump generates unloadable SQL when third party string type index option is used
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Kouhei Sutou <kou@clear-code.com> writes:
>   Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Pushed with some adjustments (notably, I thought the quoting rule was
>> too complicated and not necessarily 100% correct).

> Thanks for merging my patch and backporting to released
> series.

I looked into pg_dump and realized that this fixes only a few of the
problems in this area.  While pg_dump does rely on ruleutils.c to
print reloptions of simple indexes, it does not do that for reloptions
of tables or views, nor for reloptions of indexes that are constraints.
So eventually that's going to bite us on the rear, though I'm not sure
if we have a live problem today.

One could imagine exporting flatten_reloptions via a separate SQL
function, but that could only exist in future releases, so I'm afraid
we're going to have to duplicate the functionality inside pg_dump.