Re: qsort again (was Re: [PERFORM] Strange Create Index behaviour)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: qsort again (was Re: [PERFORM] Strange Create Index behaviour)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Gary Doades <gpd@gpdnet.co.uk> writes:
> Is this likely to hit me in a random fashion during normal operation,
> joins, sorts, order by for example?

Yup, anytime you're passing data with that kind of distribution
through a sort.

> So the options are:
> 1) Fix the included qsort.c code and use that
> 2) Get FreeBSD to fix their qsort code
> 3) Both

> I guess that 1 is the real solution in case anyone else's qsort is
> broken in the same way. Then at least you *could* use it all the time :)

It's reasonable to assume that most of the *BSDen have basically the
same qsort code.  Ours claims to have come from NetBSD sources, but
I don't doubt that they all trace back to a common ancestor.

Сообщение: Re: qsort again (was Re: [PERFORM] Strange Create Index behaviour)
Сообщение: Re: qsort again (was Re: [PERFORM] Strange Create Index behaviour)