Re: gmake clean, not clean enough?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: gmake clean, not clean enough?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net> writes:
> doing a "gmake cleandist" then repeating the steps above fixed it.

> I'm not a big autoconf user (in fact i'm pretty clueless about it :) )
> but shouldn't the 'clean' target be safe?

'make clean' basically removes all the files generated later than
the configure run.  'make distclean' removes configure's outputs
as well.

When your cvs update has pulled in a new version of configure,
or of any of the *.in files that it uses, you'd better plan
on 'make distclean' --- or at least rerun configure.

Personally, I have never had a problem like this, because my unvarying
procedure is make distclean, cvs update, configure, make, make install.
The extra couple of minutes to run configure is insignificant compared
to the debugging time I could waste if I had out-of-sync files.