Re: Preliminary notes about hash index concurrency (long)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Preliminary notes about hash index concurrency (long)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> If all the code changes are only in the
> hash indexes, and they are known to be buggy, maybe we should just give
> it a shot for 7.4 knowing it probably can't get worse than it already
> is (but it could).

That's basically my opinion.  It's unlikely to get more broken than it
already is.  I've already found several unrelated bugs while studying
the code :-(.  For starters, it doesn't come close to working correctly
when there's more than one overflow-page-bitmap page.  Since we've not
heard reports of problems, I doubt anyone's exercised it with large
numbers of overflow pages.