Re: About the performance of startup after dropping many tables

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: About the performance of startup after dropping many tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Possibly, but it's not necessarily a bad idea to improve performance
> for people with crazy schemas.

It is if it introduces unmaintainable code.  I see no way to collapse
multiple drop operations into one that's not going to be a Rube Goldberg
device.  I'm especially unwilling to introduce such a thing into the
xlog replay code paths, where it's guaranteed to get little testing.

(BTW, it seems like a workaround for the OP is just to CHECKPOINT right
after dropping all those tables.  Or even reconsider their shutdown
procedure.)