Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 2023-06-07 at 20:52 -0400, Joe Conway wrote:
> If the provider has no such thing, throw an error.

Just to be clear, that implies that users (and buildfarm members) with
LANG=C.UTF-8 in their environment would not be able to run a plain
"initdb -D data"; they'd get an error. It's hard for me to estimate how
many users might be inconvenienced by that, but it sounds like a risk.

Perhaps for this specific case, and only in initdb, we change
C.anything and POSIX.anything to the builtin provider? CREATE DATABASE
and CREATE COLLATION could still reject such locales.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis