Re: Is there a peer-to-peer server solution with PG?

От Pailloncy Jean-Gerard
Тема Re: Is there a peer-to-peer server solution with PG?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> You do realize that any multimaster replication system, that is
> designed to avoind complex business process structure based conflict
> resolution mechanisms, necessarily has to be based on 2 phase commit
> or similar? So your global write transaction throughput will be
> limited by the latency of your WAN, no matter what bandwidth you have.
> And as per RFC 1925: No matter how hard you push and no matter what
> the priority, you can't increase the speed of light.
>
> I think what you are really looking for is an application internal
> abstraction layer based multmaster replication approach.
Hi,

I found a paper about Clustra DB
http://www.nuug.no/pub/dist/20011017-clustra.pdf

Clustra is a cluster database for high-availability, any node has one
other fail-over node designed. But the interesting idea is that the
data is distributed across the node.
A transaction implies many nodes, but is managed by a two phase commit
and the log is written on ONLY few (two) nodes.
I suppose (because I never used it) that there is a speed boost.

Cordialement,
Jean-Gérard Pailloncy