Re: SSL problem in pgAdmin3 1.8.0 beta 5

От Alejandro Gasca
Тема Re: SSL problem in pgAdmin3 1.8.0 beta 5
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

2007/9/26, Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org>:
Dave Page wrote:
> [CCing Magnus as this could be a problem - pgAdmin 1.8 fails to connect
> to an SSL server with a 'real' certificate]
>
> Alejandro Gasca wrote:
>> Well, i download the postgresql-8.2.4-1-binaries-no-installer.zip.
>> the psql packed there connects without problem.
>
> Well the main difference between those builds is that pgAdmin 1.8 uses a
> version of libpq.dll compiled with MSVC++ rather than mingw, and ships
> with OpenSSL 0.9.8.5 instead of 0.9.8.1 - which is a touch worrying.

OK, on further research it sounds like this might be problem:

http://www.openssl.org/support/faq.html#PROG2

To recap, the error reported was:

OPENSSL_Uplink(00914010,05): no OPENSSL_Applink.

The patch below adds the applink code to libpq. Alejandro; may I send
you an updated libpq.dll to test?

Yes, of course