Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Дата
Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/13/21 1:26 PM, Andres Freund wrote:

>> pexports will be in the resulting path, and the build will use the
>> native compiler.
> I don't see pexports anywhere in the msys installation. I can see it available
> on sourceforge, and I see a few others asking where to get it from in the
> context of msys, and being pointed to manually downloading it.

Weird. fairywren has it, which means that it must have been removed from
the packages at some stage, fairly recently as fairywren isn't that old.
I just confirmed the absence on a 100% fresh install.

It is in Strawberry's c/bin directory.

> Seems like we should consider using gendef instead of pexports, given it's
> available in msys?

Yeah. It's missing on my ancient msys animal (frogmouth), but it doesn't
build --with-perl.

jacana seems to have it.

If you prep a patch I'll test it.

cheers