Re: Finding values of bind variables

От Vasudevan, Ramya
Тема Re: Finding values of bind variables
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Thank You John.

> the state_change to idle-in-transaction took place about 0.0001 seconds later (so the insert took all of a millisecond).

Yes, the DML “finished” but stayed uncommitted.

> What date/time was it when you did that select from pg_stat_activity ?    thats how long this transaction has been pending, which if its more than a few seconds to at most a minute, is almost certainly a 'very bad thing' unless the transaction is actively crunching data.

Agreed, it was bad. There was nothing happening with this transaction since 2015-04-06 21:16:26. It was just sitting there.

> if you're using a client such as JDBC which autowraps queries in transactions by default, you need to invoke COMMIT's when you're done doing that unit of work.
This is what I am trying to confirm from the application side. It will help the dev team if they have the value for bind variables apparently.

Any idea on how to get the values for bind variables for a transaction like this?

Thank You
Ramya

От: Tim Uckun
Сообщение: Re: Benchmarking partitioning triggers and rules
От: Rob Sargent
Сообщение: Re: Finding values of bind variables