Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Introduce dynamic shared memory areas.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Introduce dynamic shared memory areas.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> It's not quite the same thing, because control->max_total_segment_size
> is a total of the memory used by all allocations plus the associated
> bookkeeping overhead, not the amount of memory used by a single
> allocation.

Really?  Why doesn't it start out at zero then?

Given your later argumentation, I wonder why we're trying to implement
any kind of limit at all, rather than just operating on the principle
that it's the kernel's problem to enforce a limit.  In short, maybe
removing max_total_segment_size would do fine.