Re: TAP test breakage on MacOS X

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TAP test breakage on MacOS X
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> writes:
> On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 10:49:33PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I think the installs as such aren't the only reason for the sucky
>> performance.  We need to also reduce the number of initdb cycles incurred
>> by the TAP tests.  It's useless for example that the pg_controldata test
>> creates its very own $PGDATA rather than sharing one with other tests.

> One could memoize initdb within the suite.  Call it once per distinct command
> line, caching the resulting data directory.  Copy the cached data directory
> for each test desiring one.

At least on older/slower machines like prairiedog, even having to copy
$PGDATA for each test is unappealing.  Some numbers for reference:

make install        22 sec
initdb            76 sec
initdb -N        33 sec
cp -r $PGDATA /tmp    17 sec

От: Michael Paquier
Сообщение: Re: tracking commit timestamps
Сообщение: Re: tracking commit timestamps