Re: BUG #6687: initdb -A ident can almost never be correct

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #6687: initdb -A ident can almost never be correct
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> Interface wouldn't change.  Instead, it would check for your
> once-in-a-blue-moon scenario of identd answering on the network and
> error out if it didn't fine same.

This is nonsense.  As Magnus said, localhost is the one case where
identd *can* be trusted.  There is no reason that we should discriminate
against that case.

It also does not seem to me like a good plan to insist that identd be
running at the same instant initdb runs; it's not hard to think of
installation scenarios where that won't be true.