Re: SSI error messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: SSI error messages
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Excerpts from Peter Eisentraut's message of vie jul 29 14:46:20 -0400 2011:
>> On lör, 2011-07-16 at 21:55 +0300, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Do you have an idea how to address this case:

> Call sprintf to expand the %u before ereport()?

That sounds like way too much work for a wording "improvement" that is
exceedingly marginal in the first place.

IMO the only thing really wrong with those messages is that they aren't
complete sentences, which is a style guideline that we ought to try to
adhere to even if we're not bothering to translate them.  Perhaps
"Transaction canceled because of ..." would read better than "Canceled
on ..."?