Re: Backpatch b61d161c14 (Introduce vacuum errcontext ...)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backpatch b61d161c14 (Introduce vacuum errcontext ...)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> No, I don't think that's a solution. I think it's wrong to have
> something like olderrinfo in the first place. Using a struct with ~25
> members to store the current state of three variables just doesn't make
> sense.  Why isn't this just a LVSavedPosition struct or something like
> that?

That seems like rather pointless micro-optimization really; the struct's
not *that* large.  But I have a different complaint now that I look at
this code: is it safe at all?  I see that the indname field is a pointer
to who-knows-where.  If it's possible in the first place for that to
change while this code runs, then what guarantees that we won't be
restoring a dangling pointer to freed memory?