Re: Bug in to_timestamp().

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug in to_timestamp().
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
amul sul <sul_amul@yahoo.co.in> writes:
> It's look like bug in to_timestamp() function when format string has more whitespaces compare to input string, see
below:

No, I think this is a case of "input doesn't match the format string".

As a rule of thumb, using to_timestamp() for input that could be parsed
just fine by the standard timestamp input function is not a particularly
good idea.  to_timestamp() is meant to deal with input that is in a
well-defined format that happens to not be parsable by timestamp_in.
This example doesn't meet either of those preconditions.