Re: LIKE predicate and ERROR: 42P22: could not determine which collation to use for string comparison - HINT: Use the COLLATE clause ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: LIKE predicate and ERROR: 42P22: could not determine which collation to use for string comparison - HINT: Use the COLLATE clause ...
Дата
Ответ на LIKE predicate and ERROR: 42P22: could not determine which collation to use for string comparison - HINT: Use the COLLATE clause ...  (John Lumby <johnlumby@hotmail.com>)
Ответы Re: LIKE predicate and ERROR: 42P22: could not determine which collation to use for string comparison - HINT: Use the COLLATE clause ...  (John Lumby <johnlumby@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
John Lumby <johnlumby@hotmail.com> writes:
> psql -d proteusdb -c "select count(*) from entity  as e1 where ( e1.association_id IN ( select id from entity as e2
wheree2.parent_id=3043508)   OR e1.association_id=3043508 ) and e1.discriminator LIKE 'DEPLOY%'";
> ERROR:  could not determine which collation to use for string comparison
> HINT:  Use the COLLATE clause to set the collation explicitly.

FWIW, I tried to replicate this on the basis of the limited information
you gave, and could not.  Can you provide a self-contained test case?