Get rid of system attributes in pg_attribute?

От Tom Lane
Тема Get rid of system attributes in pg_attribute?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
I'm wondering how useful it is to store explicit representations of the
system attributes in pg_attribute.  We could very easily hard-wire those
things instead, which would make for a large reduction in the number of
entries in pg_attribute.  (In the current regression database nearly
half of the rows have attnum < 0.)  I think the impact on the backend
would be pretty minimal, but I'm wondering if removing these entries
would be likely to break any client-side code.  Does anyone know of
client code that actually pays attention to pg_attribute rows with
negative attnums?

Сообщение: Re: Data loss, vacuum, transaction wrap-around
Сообщение: Re: Data loss, vacuum, transaction wrap-around