Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 9:24 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
>> We can do such a commandline. We don't have any platform-specific
>> commandline options today. Is that something we've intentionally
>> avoided, or just not needed before?

> Beats me.

Yes, it's something we intentionally avoid: there is no convenient way
to have conditional entries in getopt()'s option-letters string.

I think the proposal for such a switch is unnecessary lily-gilding,
and is far more likely to create problems than solve any.  Please
remember that a debugging facility has got to be minimal impact,
or it creates its own Heisenbugs.

(In the unlikely event that someone needed to debug such an early crash,
surely they could just create a crashdump subdirectory in whatever
directory they want to launch the postmaster from.)

Сообщение: Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)
Сообщение: Re: Re: Proposed Windows-specific change: Enable crash dumps (like core files)