Re: Remove readline notice from psql --version?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Remove readline notice from psql --version?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Currently, psql --version prints something like
> psql (PostgreSQL) 9.2beta1
> contains support for command-line editing

> I think the notice about readline is a leftover from the old days when
> psql was often built without any readline support.  Nowadays, this looks
> like an anomaly, and it doesn't actually contain any information that
> would be useful nowadays, such as which particular library is used or
> what kind of history support is active.  I suggest we remove this second
> line, or alternatively, we could add more useful detail, but what?

Hm, I had actually forgotten that was there.  When the question of
"which readline library does this use?" has come up in the past,
we've always been able to get an answer from ldd or local equivalent.
I suppose that could fail in the case of statically linked libraries,
but the practical use for the message seems about nil.  I'm good with
just removing it.