Re: Keepalives win32

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Keepalives win32
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 20:45, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I vote for #2. �It's the least inconsistent --- we don't pay attention
>> to the registry for much of anything else, do we?

> Directly, no? Indirectly, we do. For every other TCP parameter
> (because the registry controls what we'll get as the default when we
> "just use things")

Not if we make the code use the RFC values as the defaults.  I'm
envisioning the GUC assign hooks doing something like

#ifdef WIN32if (newval == 0)    newval = RFC-specified-default;
#endif

so that the main GUC logic can still think that zero means "use the
default".  We're just redefining where the default comes from.

This would be a change from previous behavior, but so what?
Implementing any functionality at all here is a change from previous
behavior on Windows.  I don't have the slightest problem with saying
"as of 9.0, set these values via postgresql.conf, not the registry".