Good Open source reverse UML creation tool

От wild_oscar
Тема Good Open source reverse UML creation tool
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I have been asked this question by some folks, and I have also asked the
question myself several times:
- Is there any good open source software that allows you to create a nice
UML representation of an already existing database running on Linux

This seems like a highly used feature for software developers - surely, as
part of the design specification, we should include a diagram of the
database.

Visual Paradigm has this feature, at a cost of $1800:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/demos/dbmodeling/dbtoerd.jsp

There is also a Dia plugin (autodoc), but the results are, well, depressing:
http://www.rbt.ca/autodoc/output-dia.html

What do you use for this task?