Re: Trouble compiling postgresql in hp-unix

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Trouble compiling postgresql in hp-unix
Дата
Список pgsql-general
j_v_dsilva@www.com (joseph v d'silva) writes:
>   I get the following error message when I am trying to gmake the
> postgresql source in HP-unix 10.20

PG builds fine on HPUX 10.20 ... I do it several times a day ;-)

> gmake[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/joseph/pgs/postgresql-7.2.2/src/interfaces/libpq'
> ar crs libpq.a `lorder fe-auth.o fe-connect.o fe-exec.o fe-misc.o
> fe-print.o fe-lobj.o pqexpbuffer.o dllist.o md5.o pqsignal.o | tsort`
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libc.2
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libc.2
> /usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
> /bin/sh: 20188 Abort(coredump)

That's pretty odd.  It looks to me like you have a broken copy of either
ar, lorder, or tsort --- "broken" meaning it has a bogus shared library
search path in it.  You could check this out by running "chatr" against
the respective executables (use "which" to determine exactly where they
are).

Did you get those tools from HP, or are you using the GNU toolchain?
If GNU, how did you build or come by the tools?