Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal for Allow postgresql.conf values to be changed via SQL [review]
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Backend A: does SET PERSISTENT foobar =..;
> Backend B: does SET PERSISTENT foobar =..;

> Now B overwrites the config change A has made as they are all stored in
> the same file.

Say what?  I thought the plan was one setting per file, so that we don't
get involved in having to parse-and-edit the file contents.  What was
all that argument about a new directory, if we're only using one file?

If we are using just one file, then I agree a lock would be needed to
synchronize updates.  But that seems to add a lot of complication
elsewhere.