Re: [SECURITY] DoS attack on backend possible

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SECURITY] DoS attack on backend possible
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Florian Weimer <Weimer@CERT.Uni-Stuttgart.DE> writes:
> That's the idea.  It's the job of the database to guarantee data
> integrety.

> Obviously, the PostgreSQL developers disagree.

Look: it's an acknowledged bug and it's fixed in current sources.
The disagreement is over whether this single bug is sufficient reason
to force issuance of a 7.2.2 release.  Given that we are within a couple
of weeks of going beta for 7.3, the previous decision not to issue a
7.2.2 release will stand, unless something *much* worse than this pops
up.

Saying or implying that the developers don't care about data integrity
does not enhance your credibility.