Re: reducing statistics write overhead

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: reducing statistics write overhead
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Some sort of "if stats were requested in the last 500 ms, just tell the
> requester to read the existing file".

Hmm, I was thinking of delaying both the write and the reply signal
until 500ms had elapsed.  But the above behavior would certainly be
easier to implement, and would probably be good enough (TM).

> - Maybe we oughta have separate files, one for each database?  That way
> we'd reduce unnecessary I/O traffic for both the reader and the writer.

The signaling would become way too complex, I think.  Also what do you
do about shared tables?

Сообщение: Re: reducing statistics write overhead
Сообщение: Re: reducing statistics write overhead