Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Proposal: allow installation of any contrib module
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> I would like to see pgcrypto (or at least some of it's functionality) in
> core.

I believe the reason we keep it separate is so that people can easily
make crypto-free versions of PG for use in countries where encryption
capability is considered subject to arms regulations.  Not sure how
important that case really is today, but it was a big consideration
last time this was discussed.