Re: Performance of the listen command

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Performance of the listen command
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Flemming Frandsen <ff@partyticket.net> writes:
> I just looked at the pg_listener table:
> ... and noticed the complete lack of indexen, surely this must be a bug?

No, that was intentional.  It's been a long time but I think the
argument was that the cost of updating the indexes would outweigh
their usefulness.  The listen/notify code is really not designed
for a great deal of "flap" in the set of active listeners :-(

I'm not particularly concerned about trying to add indexes --- would
much rather get rid of the table approach entirely.  There have been
prior discussions of this but nothing's been done.