Re: BUG #8257: Multi-Core Restore fails when containing index comments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #8257: Multi-Core Restore fails when containing index comments
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> The problem is that pg_dump makes the comment depend on the index
> instead of the constraint:

Yeah, I figured that out yesterday, but hadn't gotten to writing a patch
yet.

> ... So what we need
> to do is to make the comment depend on the constraint instead.

Your proposed patch will only fix the problem for dumps created after
it ships.  In the past, we've tried to deal with this type of issue by
having pg_restore fix up the dependencies when reading a dump, so that
it would still work on existing dumps.

I'm afraid there may be no way to do that in this case --- it doesn't
look like there's enough info in the dump to tell where the dependency
link should have led.  But we should think about it a little before
taking the easy way out.